Tomato Quinoa Salad with Radishes
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
- 1 ¼ cups organic quinoa
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1/3 cup raisins optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cucumber - seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Bring water to boil in a small saucepan.
Pour in quinoa, raisins, and a pinch of salt.
Cover, and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, then remove from heat, and allow to cool to room temperature.
Toss together the tomatoes, onion, radish, cucumber, and almonds in a large bowl.
Stir in the cooled quinoa, then season with mint, parsley, cumin, lime juice, sesame oil, and salt.
Chill 1 to 2 hours before serving.