Fresh from the Gardens Response Regarding the Coronavirus
As the Owner & Executive Chef of Fresh from the Gardens, I would like to address our company’s policies and procedures in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please know that we do not buy into any level of fear or hysteria tactics. However, we do think it’s important to address the concern around the Coronavirus, especially in relation to food, since we know food has a lot to do with your overall health and wellness.
Our company has always operated under the U.S. Food Handler regulations and will continue to do so. We take those regulations seriously and we want you to know that we will be adding extra precautions not only with our food, but how we operate our business and interact with the public as we complete our services.
- We will complete our services following the CDC guidelines and instructions.
- If we have something scheduled at your home or another venue, and you are feeling sick, ill or concerned about your health, please notify us. We would rather reschedule your event than possibly infect anyone else. Please note that if you’ve already paid your deposit, it is non-refundable but can go toward a future service or catering when you are ready for that. We will be happy to work with you to get this on the calendar for a future date, and there will be no rescheduling fees and/or penalties.
- In our kitchen, all fresh produce is thoroughly washed before preparing. Our meal delivery drivers travel with hand sanitizers and wash their hands in our kitchen before picking up your delivery. Our drivers also carry sanitizing wipes and clean their steering wheels and knobs on a regular basis.
- If you have something scheduled at your home for a personal chef service, and you are feeling sick, ill or concerned about your health, and you still want to continue with your service, give us a call, and we can discuss other options regarding your meal service.
- As we are out shopping for ingredients and other details for your event, we always carry hand sanitizer in our vehicles, and we will sanitize our hands before entering a grocery store and will sanitize our hands when we return back to the vehicle. Also, while we are out shopping we will follow the CDC guidelines and regulations while interacting with the public.
We look forward to continue serving you and want you to know that we are committed to staying informed and serving you safely.
We hope that our service can help provide some nourishment and comfort during a time where you might be spending more time at home and help you avoid the big crowds at restaurants and grocery stores.
We also recommend visiting these public health websites for regularly updated news and information on coronavirus:
- Dallas County Health and Human Services
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
Please know that we are here to answer any of your questions and make sure you are comfortable with the service we are providing!
Chef Sandra Jones