fresh from the
It is always a joy to be able to share my passion of canning and preserving! I had an amazing time sharing the canning and preserving process with you at the Smith Public Library Holiday Canning with Fresh Cranberries virtual event and look forward to seeing you again as you continue on your canning and preserving journey.
As promised, here is the Cranberry Orange Conserve recipe and our favorite canning tips! Click the GET TIPS button below to access my favorite canning tips.
You will find that…Canning Is Easy! Sign up for our mailing list by clicking the STAY CONNECTED button to receive recipes and canning tips.
Wishing you tons of canning fun!
Chef Sandra Jones
Executive Chef and Owner
Fresh From The Gardens
Enjoy Canning with Us!
CRANBERRY ORANGE CONSERVE
CRANBERRY-ORANGE CONSERVEConserve: Usually a combination of 2 or more fruits, often with dried fruit and nuts, cooked with sugar.
- 1 quart cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 orange, peel cut in large strips
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts (can also use chopped walnuts or pecans)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberry juice, apple cider, sugar, orange peel, ginger and bay leaves.
- Simmer until the mixture is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Add the nuts, vinegar and cranberries.
- Continue to cook until the cranberries burst, about 15 minutes.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Share your canning and preserving stories, get tips and advice, and share recipes and other helpful information.