fresh from the
It is always a joy to be able to share my passion of canning and preserving! I had an amazing time sharing the canning and preserving process with you at the Smith Public Library Jammin’ with Summer Berries and Fresh Herbs virtual event and look forward to seeing you again as you continue on your canning and preserving journey.
As promised, here is the Strawberry Basil Jam recipe and our favorite canning tips! Click GET TIPS to access my favorite canning tips.
You will find that…Canning Is Easy! Sign up for our mailing list by clicking STAY CONNECTED to receive recipes and canning tips.
If you are ready for more canning, register for our upcoming Quick Pickles canning demonstration on Tuesday, July 27th at 6pm CST.
Lastly don’t forget to check out The Canned Garden Club. We are kicking it off and would love for you to be apart of our founding members!
Wishing you tons of canning fun!
Chef Sandra Jones
Executive Chef and Owner
Fresh From The Gardens
JOIN THE CANNED GARDEN CLUB
Learn canning and preserving basics with Chef Sandra as she makes Quick Pickles in the upcoming canning demonstration on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 @6:00pm CST !
Enjoy Canning with Us!
STRAWBERRY BASIL JAM
STRAWBERRY BASIL JAM
Jam: Usually cooked, this condiment is made from pressed fruit, sugar, and pectin.
- 5 cups crushed strawberries (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon butter (Optional)
- 7 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine strawberries and butter.
- Stir in pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Immediately stir in basil.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam with spoon.
- Ladle hot mixture into 9 hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4 in headspace.
- Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture.
- Wipe rims and center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water.
- Bring to a boil; process for 10 mixtures.
- Remove jars and cool.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Share your canning and preserving stories, get tips and advice, and share recipes and other helpful information.