This salad with cumin scented vinaigrette is perfect for summer parties and pairs well with grilled seafood, chicken or beef. Make it the night before so all the flavors have time to develop.
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
3 tbsps olive oil
2 tbsps fresh lime juice
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup scallions, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup frozen or fresh corn
2-15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring chicken stock to boil in medium sized sauce pan and stir in couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Set aside and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin.
3. Add scallions, red bell pepper, cilantro, corn and black beans and toss to coat.
4. Fluff couscous with a fork and add to vegetables. Toss again to coat and break up any large chunks of couscous.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve or refrigerate overnight.